BLOX Assets is an application that is used to create and manage the editorial content (aka "assets") on your site. Examples of assets include articles, images, videos, and more.
Creating/Importing Editorial Content
- Create an Article
- How do I: Create an Image Asset
- Quick Start Guide: Create a Video Asset
- Quick Start Guide: Create an HTML Asset
- How Can I Insert Images, Videos, etc. Into The Body of My Article?
- How Do I: Set up User Contributed Content?
- How can I submit editorial content via my tablet or smartphone?
- How do I FTP editorial articles, images, and videos?
- How do I create / edit specific assets from the URL?
- Quick Start Guide: Create a Video URL Asset
- Using Dropbox to upload images
Enhancing Editorial Content
Controlling where Editorial Assets Appear
Distributing Content from BLOX CMS
FAQ's / Misc
- Allow readers to follow author's content (Flex only)
- Alternate ways to search for assets in Editorial / Assets
- Analytics: Editorial
- Can I setup my paywall to restrict access to specific articles?
- Can Value Added Content be behind a paywall?
- Email notifications
- How Do I Display Banner Ads in Galleries? (Flex Only)
- How do I know if a PDF is saved as "readable"?
- How do I turn a pdf into a hyperlink?
- How long do I have to use the link in my email notification?
- Organic Native Advertising
- Reporting Abuse on User-Contributed Assets
- Step-by-Step Guide: Adding VAST
- What is Taboola and how does it help my site?
Asset Type Videos
Get a more in depth look at the Image asset, what the Presentation Modes do and when to use the Hi-Res image field.
Learn how to use Collection assets to group assets together, and create photo galleries as well as Special Report type pages.
Learn how to use an HTML asset to enter html code and preview the rendered code in the asset editor.
Learn how to create a URL link as a link asset, which provides all the benefits of an asset.
Learn how to create a PDF asset, how BLOX extracts the text from the PDF to use as searchable content, and the options your users will have when viewing the PDF.
Get a more in depth look at the Poll asset, how to create questions and answers, and graph options for displaying the results.
Learn how to utilize .csv files to create table assets, create a table (rows and columns) manually, and how to manipulate the data and presentation of the table.
Learn how to upload a video, recommended and allowable file formats, and how to create a still frame to represent your video.
At our January webinar, we give you a sneak peek at two new data-powered solutions that will transform your digital growth in 2020: iQ Audience+ and Data Insights.
Assets Manager Workspace
Assets Manager Videos
Learn the importance of the Tags tab in content placement, asset categorization, and Search Engine Optimization.
Learn how to add and manage Child, Sibling, and Parent assets, when to use Link assets, where to best manage Comments, and what the various types of Related Content are.
Learn how to use the settings and functions included in the Other tab of all Assets such as location information, archive date/time, broadcasting, and custom properties.
Learn what each button in the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor does to enhance the textual content of an asset.
Learn ways to create a preview image which can be used to represent an asset (ex. an image associated with an audio file).