Article Assets will pull the Child Image Assets with it, but, if you turn the asset into a Link Asset so that it links back to the originating site, you will lose the Child Image Asset.
ALERT: While setting up your Syndication channel...If you have a Content Exchange issue with your Channel or Importer please contact Customer Service at 800-293-9576.
The first step in creating a new Importer is to set up search criteria in the Search Terms which will locate the Syndicated Assets you want the New Importer to automatically add to your site. When the search criteria has been established, click on New on the Importers toolbar.
This opens the Create Content Importer window.
In Configuration, enter an Importer Name, and select any or all of the following five options:
- Import As Link Assets: When this is selected, all assets located by the importer will be added to the site as link assets.
- Open Links in New Windows: This option will import the Assets as a link Asset and open them up/load them in a new window.
- Overwrite Existing Assets: If this option is chosen, existing Assets will be overwritten each time content is imported. Meaning that even if the asset is unchanged, the content will be overwritten with the import and re-added.
- Only Overwrite Content: This option allows the title, body and children properties to be overwritten each time content is imported.
Note: The Only overwrite content option is for AP, RSS, and BLOX to BLOX channels.
Note: Configuration options will vary depending on the channel you are setting up.
- Disable This Importer: Select this option if the importer is not to be used currently, but may be re-enabled at a future date.
- Delete Imported Assets After: Set a duration for the Assets to remain at which point they will be deleted.
- Override Channel Default Source: The Default Source is Editorial. Checking this option and entering a different Source will override Editorial.
- Override Channel Workflow: If a Channel Workflow is used, checking this box and selecting a process will ignore that Workflow process.
Apply any Flags, Keywords, GeoLocations that you want and click Save when done. The Assets defined by the search criteria used in this Importer will now be automatically added to your site.
This will allow you to add sections to all imported assets.
There are three different check boxes that will allow you make changes.
- Ignore Channel Category Map: Does not map the channel's categories to local sections for assets this importer creates.
- Preserve Originals: Keeps the origin's sections on imported assets
- Discard Assets With No Mapped Sections: Any assets from the source with no category that maps to a local section will be discarded.
Once you made the selections, click on Add to add in the Sections.
Best Practice: The discard assets check box will allow you to ignore content from another source (such as AP) with new, unexpected, or unwanted categories that you don't want on your site.
To modify the name or settings of an importer, either double click on the importer, or click once on it to highlight, then click Edit on the toolbar. This opens Modify Content Importer window.
In the Modify Content Importer window, you can:
- Apply Configuration Settings
- Apply Flags
- Apply Sections
- Apply Keywords
- Apply GeoLocations
- View Log in the lower left corner
Note: Checking the Preserve Originals checkbox will leave existing Flags, Keywords, Sections, and Geo-Locations in place.
To permanently delete an importer, click the Importer once to select, then click Delete from the upper right corner of the Importers sub.
A pop-up screen will appear asking you to confirm the deletion of the Importer. Select Yes to continue with the deletion, or No to retain the Importer.
Right click on an Importer and it will open another set of options. You can:
- View Log
- Set As Current Search
- Update From Current Search
- Run Now
View Log will show you a list of items processed.